Factions in The Division are there to both help and challenge players roaming around the remains of New York City.
Joint Task Force
- A unit activated in the wake of a massive virus spread throughout the city.
- Formed by the first responders of when the virus hit the city. Includes police, firemen, and National Guard.
- Assigned to try to hold Manhattan together and restore its glory.
- The JTF is being hit on all sides by enemy factions and it’s definitely not looking good.
The Division Agents
- Division agents are sleeper cells trained to handle catastrophic events.
- This is the faction that all Players belong to in The Division.
The Citizens of New York City
- Trapped amidst all this violence and they are relying on the agents and the JTF to help them stay safe.
- Rather than fear you like they initially do when you first come onto the scene, they will recognize you and treat you like an ally of the city.
- The citizens’ reactions and the reactions of the JTF are essential for you to understand how good of a job you’re doing.
- Made up of blue-collar sanitation workers who have taken it upon themselves to clean up New York City.
- Take the “start over” approach to the disaster.
- They want to burn anything and anyone they come in contact with as an attempt to get rid of the virus.
- Attracted to areas of high contagion and are extremely aggressive.
- Former prisoners who have escaped from the Rikers Island prison
- They are reclaiming New York City for their own
- Often spotted in orange jumpsuits and blue jackets.
- In the Dark Zones, seen wearing balaclavas with chemical masks.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!