Incursion is a DLC activity that was introduced in April 2016.
In April, the first free update will introduce the first Incursion, a new challenging end-game activity developed specifically for squad play. Teams will be able to test their skills as they face seemingly unstoppable enemies to gain high-level weapons and equipment. This update will also add one of the community’s most-wanted feature, loot trading; allowing players in the same group to trade loot collected during a co-op game session.
Incursions Changes and Additions
- New gear is a vital centerpiece of Incursions, which introduces four rare gear sets: Sentry’s Call, Striker’s Battle Gear, Path of the Nomad, and Technician’s Authority. Each set is meant to bolster a specific play style; Sentry’s Call promotes consistent precision, Striker’s Battle Gear is for assault-focused players, and so on. Finding and equipping four pieces from a single set unlocks a new, never-before-seen talent for your Agent, which the developers aren’t revealing yet.
- Agent level is still capped at 30, but gear score will improve your abilities beyond your level.
- Loot trading will now be an option for players! Squads can now swap gear to get it in the hands of the proper roles.
- Assignments are new side tasks that will players can complete daily for Phoenix Credits, Division Tech and other rewards.
- Dark Zones will now see the arrival of random supply drops that enemies must be battled for. This loot won’t have to be extracted and can’t be stolen by other players.
- Upon dying, players can now camera follow their squadmates.
- The Falcon Lost Incursion will feature a Hard and Challenge mode. There are not any checkpoints so a wipe will require an entire restart. The incursion can be completed as many times as players wish for new and better loot.
- Enemies can now make use of aerial drones and an armored personnel carrier boss.
List of Available Incursions
- Falcon Lost: available in the Stuyvesant area. You must be level 30 and have completed the mission General Assembly to access this mission. The encounter is balanced for 4 players with high level gear
- Clear Sky: in Colombus Circle. Clear Sky challenges you to take back a formerly LMB-controlled anti-air missile site, restore safe passage to the skies over Manhattan, and reclaim supply drops stolen by Rikers. Available with the Conflict DLC.
- Dragon’s Nest: Travel to Hell’s Kitchen and investigate rumors of a new Cleaner weapon that can wreak havoc throughout Manhattan. You must be level 30 and have completed the mission "General Assembly" to access the incursion. The encounter is balanced for a team of four players outfitted with high-level gear. Available with the Underground DLC.